JDK 1.1 advantage?

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 08:47:36 +0100 (MET)
To: Dmitriy Kruglyak <dmk23@cornell.edu>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Dmitriy Kruglyak writes:
 > I'd like to know whether the next release of Jigsaw will take
 > advantage of the new features in JDK 1.1 and whether the
 > compatibility with JDK 1.02 will be maintained (or there will
 > be a double release?). I guess one of the greatest features
 > of the new JDK is highly enhanced performance for both JVM
 > and compiler. It would be interesting to see benchmarks of
 > Jigsaw on JDK 1.1 against Jigsaw on JDK 1.02 and other web
 > servers.

1.0alpha5 will compile/run under 1.1 (not taking advantage of it
fully, though)

My plan was for next release to be totally 1.1, I had hopes that by
next June, all Java VM would have been 1.1. As this doesn't seem to ne
realistic, I might, as you say have to do two releases (a tough job
:-(

If you have strong feelings against a Java 1.1 only release in June,
let me know,

Anselm.