Jigsaw - out of the box.

Padmakar Vishnubhatt writes:
 > Can jigsaw run straight out of the box? I mean, if I change the root (w/
 > -root cmd line option), it expects the properties files as well as other
 > files in config/stores directory. Is there a way Jigsaw can run without
 > help/support from these files.

No you have to provide minimum config files (unless you write your own
root resource that doesn't need them, not a very difficult task). You
will always need at least one file (the pickled version of the root
resource) though.

 > Another question in this regard is, Is there a way I can translate the
 > information in these files (especially in config/stores directory. say
 > root.idx, st-x, etc), so that I can store the retrieved data in another
 > form of storage - say a jdbmResource or and oodb?

You can write a program that will use the ResourceStoreManager will
list all available resource stores, and read them etc. Check the
ResourceSalvager which does something like that

Anselm