Form with Multiple selections

From: Nirmal Patil <npatil@EESUN2.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:24:39 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Hi,

I was trying to have a html form with multiple entries in a drop down box.

ex:
<select multiple name="favcolor" size = 3>
     <option>green
     <option>aquamarine
     <option selected>emerald
     <option>turquoise
     <option>aqua
     <option>black
     <option>yellow
     </select>

Does any one know how I could use URLDecoder class ( data.getValue("string"))
here. Or do i have to write sth on my own for this.

Basically I know in forms everything works as a name value pair but when we use
the 'multiple' option in the select tag , I am not sure how things work.
Is one name associated with all these multiple values that the user selects ?
Does it mean that I have to call URLDecoder.getValue("favcolor") multiple number
of times ?
Or is there another way to extract these values....

Would appreciate some help here.

Cheers !!!
   Nirmal
   npatil@ee.tamu.edu