Re: Jigsaw Shutdown Hook

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 11:44:46 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Evan Coyne Maloney <emaloney@pencom.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Evan Coyne Maloney wrote:

> there is no way to receive notification that Jigsaw is shutting down
> gracefully. The problem is, we (my company) have written several extensions
> to Jigsaw that spawn their own threads and run until Jigsaw exits, but that
> need to cleanup after themselves. There are a few possible kludges, but I
> think the best way to do it is to have Jigsaw have a hook that allows you
> to be notified of shutdown.

For now, it is impossible to do this without rewriting ExitStat or, in
httpd, the shutdown method to add your hook.
In the future (not in the next release), everything should be observable,
so you will be notified that a resource change or that the server dies,
was restarted or whatever needs to be notified.
Unfortunately, I don't have currently a date for this next version.

	~~Yves