Firewalls and proxy servers

From: Bharathi Subramanian <bharathi@csc.ti.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:46:45 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I am trying to set up a proxy server so that I can monitor all
request and replies. I would like to process the replies and possibly
make changes to the reply. Jigsaw sounded ideal for the job, esp.
since it is written in Java and is so extensible. Hoepfully, I can
write some sort of global outgoing filter, but that's for later :-)

At present, I have am having trouble with our firewall. At TI, all
requests to sites outside of TI have to go through a firewall machine.
How do I set up Jigsaw to do that (assuming it is possible)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
- Bharathi