Strange things with VirtualHost

From: (wrong string) ėl MARTIN <rmartin@iri.upc.es>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 17:49:55 +0200
To: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi

I observe very strange things with Virtual Hosting :

I have defined a Virtual Host within two PassDirectory (HOST1,HOST2)

To consult documents and browse HTML files resources, I have no
problem... http://HOST1/SubDir1/SubDir1_1/File.html works perfectly.

But, when I intent to get an URL such as
http://HOST1/SubDir1/SubDir1_1/ to have the directory index I could
have two special results :
If I forget the last '/', I have the HTTP Error :
Resource unavaible :
http://HOST1/HOST1/SubDir1/SubDir1_1
And if I put the final '/' for the request , I have the Index, but all the
references are :
http://HOST1/HOST1/SubDir1/SubDir1_1/File1.html
http://HOST1/HOST1/SubDir1/SubDir1_1/File2.html
http://HOST1/HOST1/SubDir1/SubDir1_1/File3.html

So why does the server duplicate the HostName (PassDirectory name),
using a Virtual Host ?

A few hints to help :
I use a Jigsaw Alpha1.05
I use a Netscape Gold 3.10