re: realms.db portability

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 08:34:33 +0100 (MET)
To: "darrell starnes" <Darrell=Starnes%AppSrv%Sys=Hou@bangate.compaq.com>
Cc: <www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org>
darrell starnes writes:
 > guess what?? I discovered that you can use relative path names where ever a
 > path
 > is required. The relative path originates  from where java is executed. By
 > using a batch file
 > to start jigsaw and ensuring that the current directory when java is
 > executed is always the same,
 > i can use relative paths and everything works fine. I've gotten my
 > portability back.

That's correct (your initial mail is still there, pending for a
reply). The real solution however (the one I thought would work), is
to have rel path relative to the result of httpd::getAuthDirectory,
which itself will default to getConfigDirectory()/auth, which
ultimately will end up in

config/auth

The semantics of rel path may change to that (hopefully in next
release).