FormCardesource

From: <Joel.Crisp@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:09:48 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org
Hi

(If you get this more than once, it's 'cos I had problems posting. This
is my 4th attempt ! ;-( )

There is an inconsistancy in FormCardResource. It extends
PostableResource, but the overridden GET method does not provide the
GET->POST translation feature of PostableResource.

Here is the fix :

    public Reply get (Request request)
	throws HTTPException
    {
	// If the card has been deleted (for some reason), delegate to form
	if ( isDeleted() )
	    return form.get(request) ;
>	if (getConvertGetFlag() && request.hasState("query"))
>	  {
>	    return super.get (request) ;
>	  }
	// Is is time to update our HTML for the card, checkit:
	FormCardResource updated = handler.updateFormCard(this) ;

I've also found that I needed to make w3c.www.http.HttpString have
public constructors to construct 'SEE_OTHER' replies.

Joel

--
Joel.Crisp@bris.ac.uk | ets-webmaster@bris.ac.uk  | "I remember Babylon" -
Software Engineer, Institute for Learning and     |        Arthur C Clarke