Disallowing Directory Listings

From: darrell starnes <Darrell=Starnes%AppSrv%Sys=Hou@bangate.compaq.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 97 15:08:56 CST
To: <www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org>
I don't like users to be able to list some directories.  I don't know if
there is a different
way to disallow directory listings, I usually set the index to a
non-existant file so that
directory listings fail which has the same effect as not allowing directory
listings. I

s there a different way to do this? Should there be an attribute in
DirectoryResource to allow or disallow directory listings?

Darrell Starnes
Internet Solutions Division, Compaq Computer
email: starnes@netgate.compaq.com
voice: 713-518-3812