Re: getting the basic auth-name

Anselm, Anotonio,

You both suggest something like this:
> request.getState(www.jigsaw.auth.AuthFilter.STATE_AUTHUSER);

There seems to be two difficulties with this:
1. it returns the name of the user as opposed to an Authuser object
which forces two resource lookups instead of just one if I want other
information from the user

2. this use of request state seems to have inherent namespace problems-
What if I had multiple auth filters
in front of my resource.  For example, suppose that I had an
organization authfilter which allowed everyone from particular sets
of IP addresses to enter as the organization from which they accessed
(e.g. aol, cserve, prodigy, ibm).  Then I installed a generic-auth-filter
inside that filter to track particular users at particular organizations.

I assume a state lookup as above would return just the content of the
inner-auth. Is there a way to grab both?

-Alex-
S. Alexander Jacobson			Interband Communications
1-212-799-2645 voice			1-212-799-1075 fax