Re: Error Indexing

From: Weiyeh Lee <weiyeh@pencom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:01:43 -0500
To: Weiyeh Lee <weiyeh@pencom.com>
CC: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@www10.w3.org>, www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org
> > If you turn Jigsaw in trace mode (add -trace to the command line), you
> > should be able to get more infos (ie where the exception is thrown).

I added the -trace flag and after we restarted the server we could
use the editor in the Excite directory.

I tried removing the -trace flag and we could still use the editor
on the Excite directory.

> >  > Before we did this, we could at least see the html files, but now we
> >  > can't see anything under Excite with the Editor.
> >
> > That's strange, have you tried querying one the html files, by
> > pointing a browser to /Excite/xxx.html ?

Yes..  we could see the files under

http://localhost:8001/Excite/AT-admin.html

but at the time we couldn't see it with the editor.

When  I have more free time, I will try reinstalling Excite on
a jigsaw server and see if I can reproduce the bug with the -trace
flag on.

thanks for your help!
/weiyeh