Re: ProcessFilter

www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org scrive (www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org wrote) :

> I haven't tested that code toroughly under Win. It should work though,
> could you provide more details on what kind of errors you get (along
> with what Java interpreter you are using ?)
>
> Thanks,
> Anselm.

The java inyerpreter is Symantec Cafe JIT.
I think that the problem is this showed in a Microsoft article:

> PRB: Spawn Does Not Pass Redirection to Child
>
> Article ID: Q38308
> Creation Date: 22-NOV-1988
> Revision Date: 19-JAN-1996
>
> The information in this article applies to:
> The C Run-time (CRT), included with:
>
> - Microsoft C for MS-DOS, versions 6.0,
> 6.0a, and 6.0ax - Microsoft C/C++ for
> MS-DOS, version 7.0 - Microsoft Visual C++
> for Windows, versions 1.0, 1.5, 1.51, and
> 1.52 - Microsoft Visual C++ 32-bit
> Edition, versions 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, and 4.0
>
> SYMPTOMS
>
> Using the program below to spawn SORT.EXE on MS-DOS, the
> following error message is generated:
>
> SORT: Too many parameters
>

> Running the same program on Windows NT causes the
> following error message to be generated:
>
> SORT: Invalid Switch
>
> CAUSE
>
> This is the expected behavior as COMMAND.COM or CMD.EXE
> (the command interpreter for Windows NT), not the EXEC
> loader, handles indirection. Child processes inherit the
> handles of their parents; therefore, to redirect the
> input and output of the child, first change the
> definitions of STDIN and STDOUT in the parent process.

But I don't know hot to change STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR
of parent process with Java.

I have try to run external programma with

	start xxxx.exe

that create a new console for the app. On Win95 work with
many programs, but on WinNT don't work
(don't recognize start as valid command).

I hope that you help me. If you know any people at Sun Java Project,
can you ask if this a Java bug??

Bye
Pasquale

P.S:
I forget. If you read only the output of the process, all work
fine, but if you try to write to stdin of child process, the
app stop (i think that wait input without success)

 Pasquale Di Feo

 e-mail: mailto:pasdif@netfly.it
         mailto:p.difeo@sintel.it

    www: http://jpp.netfly.it:8080/pasdif