Over zealous counter

From: Weiping Hu <whu@adonis39.et.deakin.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:52:30 +1000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Now that I've 'discover' the .shtml extension, started to experiment the
CounterFilter.  It worked fine on a single file, say
/User/Overview.shtml.  However, when I then put the filter on the
dicrectory /User, I found the counter started to increase by 3, instead
of 1.  Suspecting that it might be because of the counter I put on the
index file /User/Overview.shtml, I deleted the CounterFilter from
Overview.shtml.  But the problem is still there.  Every time I reload
the file /User/Overview.shtml, the counter increases by 3.

Any idea?

-weiping