Jigsaw a3 hanging

From: Nick Pollitt <npollitt@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 18:19:55 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org (jigsaw list)
I've been having problems with Jigsaw when my site is getting
many simultaneous hits - specifically to CGI stuff (this is
on Solaris 2.5).

Jigsaw starts a new process so that I have two Jigsaw's running
at the same time.  Then when I try to access the site, the
server hangs indefinitely.  I've tried killing the process with
the higher PID number, but that doesn't seem to help.  Also,
I can't get to the Admin pages to restart under these conditions.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?
Thank you.
--
Nicholas Pollitt            |  If you know the enemy and know
NCSA                        |  yourself, you need not fear the