Re: The new MS Java JDK

From: John Williams <johnr.williams@stonebow.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 96 09:14:03 -1200
On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:07:03 -0400, Richard A. Guay wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just downloaded the latest version of Jigsaw and the Microsoft Java JDK.
>The Microsoft JDK will not run the Jigsaw program!  It gets stuck loading
>the preferences.  The Sun JDK will run Jigsaw.  Does anyone know why it
>will not run?
Sure: because it's a Microsoft product.  Microsoft: (noun) A company which habitually sells
software which does not live up to it's claimed performance and specifications.

Apologies for the rudeness, after a fortnight of struggling with a 10 user "upgrade" to Windows
95, I just HAD to let off some steam!

Flame me if it will help you let off your steam...

FWIW, it runs fine under the OS/2 JIT JDK.

cheers

John
John Williams
Department of Marketing