Life span of a resource

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 23:18:36 +0100
To: "jigsaw" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hello,

Could someone clear the fog for me please ;-)

1. When is a resource actually instantiated?
- Is the resource instantiated every time it is invoked,
is it instantiated once at jigsaw startup,
is it instantiated once at first invocation?

2. If i use a static variable in a resource, can I be
sure that it stays there untill jigsaw shuts down?

3. Is there a method in the resource that's
being called when jigsaw shuts down (for resource cleanup)?
finalize() does the job, but only when
garbage is collected ...

thanks in advance,
Koen Van Exem