Jigsaw and Extensions

From: Markus Andrezak <andrezak@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 18:04:52 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello.

When trying to extend the Jigsaw 1.0 alpha version with a simple java-class
I realised the following:

When I install a new reaource and then de-install it again, then change the
.java file, recompile and install the new, recompiled resource it has no
effect.

Re-compilation doesn't change a thing. The old java.class, obviously still
resistent in the Java-interpreter gets installed.

My question: Is it a bug or is it a feature?

Is this in the nature of the java-interpreter or is it Jigsaw-specific? Is
there a workaround? Or am I simply doing something wrong?

Thanks, Markus.

P.S.: A cc to me personally would be nice, I'm not on the Jigsaw list.