Jigsaw conf and <RESOURCE>

Ingo Macherius writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I wonder if it is possible to express Jigsaw's configuration using the
 > HTML <RESOURCE> and <LINK> tags.
 >
 > 	(entity w3c.http.core.DirectoryEntity
 > 	 :name "root"
 > vs.
 > 	<RESOURCE HREF="/">
 >
 > Is there a mapping ? I tried to express a server structure with <RESOURCE>
 > and failed because discrimination of directories is not possible. A way
 > would be to require a slash at the end of a directory resource.
 > Has someone tried something similar ? Or is this even a goal of Jigsaw
 > development ?

Wow ! That's fun, you're using a *really* old version of Jigsaw. The
other fun thing is that in fact, at the beginning jigsaw index files
(yes they did exist at that time) were using an SGML compliant format,
and parsed through avh's parser. I lost the spec of this format, but I
think it was pretty to close the the applet tag (I don't know how
close this is to the resource tag), eg:

<entry name="resource name">
<param name="some-param" value="some-value">
</entry>

Then you could set filters by wrapping this into a <filter> </filter>
block (as far as I remember).

But old this is very old, you should upgrade to the latest version
available at:

http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Jigsaw

Anselm.