Re: Reloading class dynamically

From: Christoph Begall <begall@nads.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 18:27:50 +0200
To: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Anselm Baird-Smith wrote:
> I was thinking abouth going the class loaer way, and as you state mark
> some classes as being reloadable. My understanding was that this would
> not remove old references to the old version of the class, but at
> least new instantiations would benefit from the new class (which would
> be fair enough).
I think when your developing a new resource it would be nice, if you
could really unload a class, for I normally make a Resource in some
directory and then would like to try my new resourceClass.
But I always have to shut down the server to get rid of the old class.
Isn't there a possibility to set an objects class, so that I only have
to start some method to set my old resourceObject to the new loaded
class?

Bye Christoph