Problem with making new Editor

Christoph Begall writes:
 > There is another problem (lack of know-how), with my new AuthFilter.
 > (if it is the right way to make a new AuthFilter)
 >
 > When associating a list of filters or at least one at least one filter
 > with an entry in the field of the request, I would like to have a link
 > to that filter in the Editor for that filter.
 >
 > I thought of something like:
 > ( field is something made by request.defineField() earlier and
 >   fieldentry is the value of that field )
 >  +--------------+
 >  | fieldentry 1 |   link 1 to filter('s class)
 >  +--------------+   --------------------------
 >  +--------------+
 >  | fieldentry 2 |   link 2 to filter('s class)
 >  +--------------+   --------------------------
 >  +--------------+
 >  | fieldentry 3 |   link 3 to filter('s class)
 >  +--------------+   --------------------------
 >
 > If I make the number of possible fieldentries constant for a specific
 > filter (StringAttribute that is not EDITABLE) I thought this should
 > be possible, but yet I don't even know how to make
 > ResourceEditorFactory return my FancyFilterEditor when it should do so.
 > (after that I have to think about how I can make something like an
 >  AssociatedFilterAttribute or a HashtableAttribute)

I need a hashtable attribute too, for the VirtualHostresource netry,
and as I said in prev mail, the main problem is not the attribute
class itself, but the way to edit that value with HTML forms...
The forms package has a limitation in the sense that it doesn't allow
form fields to agregate for editing complex values (say a date would
be edited as a number of integer editors, but from the outside it
would be a Date editor).

 > So is this the right way to register my new Editor:
 >
 > public class FancyFilter {
 >     static {
 > 	FormEditorFactory.registerEditor("FancyFilter",
 >   				         "FancyFilterEditor");
 >     }
 > }
 >
 > Is this enough to make jigsaw call my editor when _FancyFilter_-link
 > is called in the Resource where I've pluged FancyFilter.

Yes, but make sure the package names are included too ...

 > BTW: Will there be more information on this matter supplied with the
 >      next release ?

Documentation still suffers a lot. I will be working on it, but I need
as much contributions as possible in this domain ;-)

Anselm.