How to unset Request header field?

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@access.COM.AU>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 18:57:05 +1000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Easy question:

I want to unset the If-Modified-Since header in incoming request with a
filter. This is so I could test some small theory of mine related to server

Looking through Request api and through its parent MIMEHeaders, I could not
find anything like unsetField or undefineField. I would like to have that
even for the sake of completeness. It may not seem needed, but who knows
what one can come up with?

I would accept an answer that upcoming release will have unsetField, but I
would be even more glad to any suggestions how to make it work now.

Thank you,

--------| I feel as confused as a baby in a topless bar. |--------