How to add UserDirs in a generic manner ?

From: Christian Seebode <Christian.Seebode@medis.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 16:12:53 +0200
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,
(I hope this doesn't get posted twice) :-)

I'm looking for a generic way to declare UserDirs under
Server Root without declaring them explicitly one by one.

I understand that adding a resource to Jigsaw isn't as
expensive as it is in CERN httpd. So maybe this isn't even missing
at all and I have to change the colour of my glasses.

But when there's something like mapping ~USER or USER to
$HOME/public_html, then please let me know.

I tried declaring a public_html DirectoryTemplate as
PassDirectory, but I don't see a way
to get the passwd entries into the directory dispatch.

So maybe that isn't preconfigured. Do I have to
implement it as an extension to a filter ?

Thanks for any help

Christian
--
Christian Seebode <Christian.Seebode@medis.de>                  /\
MedIS - Medizinische Informations- und Steuerungssysteme GmbH  /\/\