Launching jigsaw with jview

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 08:45:12 +0100 (MET)
To: lugrin@morgan.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org
lugrin@morgan.com writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I downloade the current version of Jigsaw and tried launching it
 > with JView, after setting classpath and proper parameters (I beleive)
 > on Windows 95.
 >
 > I get the message ' load properties from ...' - but then nothing.
 > The program do not seem to answer to any request (to port 8001),
 > and I can only kill it.
 >
 > Is there a restriction on using Jview to launch it? I looked in the
 > mailing list archive, but found no reference to this.

Last time I was able to test Jigsaw with MS Java implementation it
didn't work (and the error was something like yours). I guess since
then, they have fixed their VM/libs implementation; however, I don't
have a Windows box available right now.

You may want to check that you're using the real latest version of
j++.