Re: Java NET.DLL implementation

From: Scott Jewell <jewellsc@pop.mts.kpnw.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:08:30 -0800
To: David Weisman <weisman@grimm.osf.org>
Cc: ssl-users@mincom.oz.au, www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org
David Weisman wrote:
> On Wed Dec 4, 1996, Scott Jewell wrote:
>     I've recently completed some work on replacing the sockets routines
>     within the NET.DLL supplied with Java with routines utilizing SSLeay.
>     I thought I'd see if there was any interest in making the routines
>     available under the SSLapps umbrella.  These routines allow any Java
>     program to communicate using SSL without modification.
> Yes, please.  We're starting a project that encapsulates RMI in SSL and
> this would be a terrific starting point. Our work will expose some other
> methods to applications (query peer's cert, set SSL crypto algorithms,
> etc).
> I'm also happy to correspond with anyone who's interested in this work.
> Cheers,
> Dave

I'd like this note to serve to purposes.  First, the mutex code I added
the other day had
a problem with it, but I believe it's fixed now.  The mutex should not
have been named.
Second, I realized that the location of this stuff had not been sent to
the mailing list.

You can find the NET.DLL source and doc at http://noc.kpnw.org/~scott

It's pretty rough, but it does seem to work.  I'd like to hear from
anyone that actually
uses any of this stuff.

Scott Jewell

The opinions and actions mentioned are my own and no one else.