Re: Java NET.DLL implementation

From: Scott Jewell <jewellsc@pop.mts.kpnw.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:08:30 -0800
To: David Weisman <weisman@grimm.osf.org>
Cc: ssl-users@mincom.oz.au, www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org
David Weisman wrote:

> On Wed Dec 4, 1996, Scott Jewell wrote:
>
>     I've recently completed some work on replacing the sockets routines
>     within the NET.DLL supplied with Java with routines utilizing SSLeay.
>     I thought I'd see if there was any interest in making the routines
>     available under the SSLapps umbrella.  These routines allow any Java
>     program to communicate using SSL without modification.
>
> Yes, please.  We're starting a project that encapsulates RMI in SSL and
> this would be a terrific starting point. Our work will expose some other
> methods to applications (query peer's cert, set SSL crypto algorithms,
> etc).
>
> I'm also happy to correspond with anyone who's interested in this work.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave
Dave,

I'd like this note to serve to purposes.  First, the mutex code I added
the other day had
a problem with it, but I believe it's fixed now.  The mutex should not
have been named.
Second, I realized that the location of this stuff had not been sent to
the mailing list.

You can find the NET.DLL source and doc at http://noc.kpnw.org/~scott

It's pretty rough, but it does seem to work.  I'd like to hear from
anyone that actually
uses any of this stuff.

Thanks
--
Scott Jewell
jewellsc@pop.mts.kpnw.org

The opinions and actions mentioned are my own and no one else.