Virtual Hosts HELP!!

From: bpm <bpm@terraweb.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 15:55:56 -0600
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Ok, I've read the archive about adding Virtual Hosts.  I've tried
adding Virtual Hosts my self, but I can not get it to work.

I've added to the /etc/hosts file an alias "Virtual" to my machine.
What I want is to have a virtual host that points to an existing html
root directory and have the real host point to the /Admin & original
Jigsaw directory/resource structures.

Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

This is what I've done.

1) added a resource by clicking "Add resource" on the
/Admin/Editor/editor@1  page.

2) added name:  "Virtual"
   added class: w3c.jigsaw.resources.VirtualHostResource
   clicked "Create"

3) clicked on "Existing resources"

4) clicked on "Virtual" (The new resource)

5) clicked on "Attributes"

6) added to the "followup" field: "root"

7) clicked on "Existing resources"

8) clicked on "Add resource"

9) added name:  "Brian"
   added class: w3c.jigsaw.resources.PassDirectory
   clicked "Create"

10) clicked on "Existing resources"

11) clicked on "Brian"

12) clicked on "Attributes"

13) added to "pass-target:" field: "/usr/local/httpd/docs"

14) clicked "Ok"

15) went back to /Admin page, clicked on "Properties"

16) clicked on "General properties"

17) changed the "w3c.jigsaw.root.name" field from "root" to "Virtual"
    clicked on "Ok"

18) went back to /Admin/Properties and clicked on "Save Properties"

19) went to /Admin page and clicked on "Exit"

20) restarted jigsaw

21) tried to access http://Virtual:8001 and got the original
Overview.html

22) tried to access http://Virtual:8001/Brian and got "Target resource
not found !"

What???

--
Brian Millett
Technology Applications Inc.     "Heaven can not exist,