Re: Kaffe/Jigsaw

Kohler Markus <kohlerm@betze.bbn.hp.com> wrote:

> "Elton Ashby" <eashby@hcanyon.com> writes:
>

> > Hi:
> >
> > Just to let you know (and for the record).  I've been trying to run
> Jigsaw
> > on Kaffe, the non-proprietary version of Java.  Well, to my surprise
> and
> > delight, Jigsaw seems to run ok on the latest version of kaffe-- kaffe
> > 0.6.0.
> >
> WOW !
> That's great !
>  kaffe is a JIT, so did you notice any performance improvements ?

Sorry, I can't say about JIT.  Some kaffe ports include the JIT capability
and others do not.  I'm running mklinux on a PPC and that kaffe port
doesn't include the JIT capability at present, just the interpreter and
compiler.  Also, I'm just learning Jigsaw, so I wouldn't be the one to ask
about comparing performance.  Seems fine to me, though.

Wish I could be more informative, but we're just now getting started, here.

Good Luck;

--eashby@hcanyon.com