Global Information Store between resources

From: Kai Schmidt <serkom@schwaben.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 96 18:37:24
To: "jigsaw" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi,

could someone get me started on this:

I would like a 'GlobalResource', which I can use to store some global and persistant information
into.   Of cource one should be able to read this info by name from another resource. I tried with
Resource Attributes and am able to create and store infos (in the java code, and in /Admin/Editor).
like:

GlobalResource=Class.forName("w3c.jigsaw.tutorials.GlobalResource");
a = new StringAttribute("AGlobalAttribut", "Some Default", Attribute.EDITABLE);
MY_INDEX = AttributeRegistry.registerAttribute(GlobalResource, a) ;

but I can only read within the same program with:

getValue("MyOwnAttribut",null);

How can I read from another Resource? Or is there a better way to pass information from one
(postable) resource to the other?

Thanks

Kai

Kai Schmidt  // SerKom WWW-Konzepte