why does Jigsaw stall?

From: Les Stockton <stockton@wilcom.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 09:16:05 -0600
I loaded Jigsaw on a Solaris box about 10 days ago.  One thing that annoys
me and is a repeatable problem, is that when I try to view a page that has
a gif on it, Jigsaw seems to stall for a few minutes before finally delivering the
entire picture.
 One page that I hit most, delivers a medium-sized gif that is 15k in size.
I'd figure this to be of no big consequence, and it certainly causes no problem
for other httpd servers.  Is there any configuration issue that needs adjusting?
What might be the problem, and has anyone else observed similar problems?