RMI with jigsaw

From: <abramczyk@fokus.gmd.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 13:38:36 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

	I'm trying to enlarge jigsaw funktionality by making it possible to be
administrated by using RMI. I have encountered some problems:
1. When I start my server class( which implements UnicastRemoteServer ) from
   httpd, simply by writing at the end of the main method:
   	MyAdministrator administrator = new MyAdministrator(this);
   ,Jigsaw changes its behaviour - I can't delete any directory using generic
   resource editor( I can still delete files ).

   Netscape get back an error: Document contains no data.
2. When I try to delete directory using RMI method deleteFolder, which use the
   method delete(String child) from DirectoryResource, I get an exception

        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkDelete(SecurityManager.java)
        at java.io.File.delete(File.java)
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
   In order to get appropriate DirectoryResource I wrote the which starts from
   root resorce till the resource which I want to get
   ( maybe this is possible to get this resource by calling any jigsaw classes
   method ?).
3. I delete file resources by calling also delete(String child) method from
   DirectoryResource and it deletes file resources but when I try to delete
   phisical file from system file I get similar exception.
I will be grateful for any sugestion which could help me resolve that problems.