Problems running http server

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 14:21:47 +0100 (MET)
To: laria <V.Laria@bton.ac.uk>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
V.Laria@bton.ac.uk writes:
 > Is this the address for the mailing list?
 > I have downloaded the http server and trying to start it I get the
 > exception

 > *** [httpd]: fatal error, exiting !
 > w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerInitException:
 > w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd[initializePr
 > operties]: [host] undefined.
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.initializeProperties(httpd.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.initialize(httpd.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.main(httpd.java)
 >
 > Any ideas

Some, yes.

Jigsaw has to know the host it is running on. If you don't provide the
name, it will default to what Jigsaw can find, in your case nothing
(ie your machine is probably not configured well), hence the
exception.

Try running Jigsaw through:

java w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd -host <your-host-name>

It should solve the problem