proxied PUTs again

From: Gordon Dakin <gad@hunchuen.crystaliz.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:42:24 -0500
To: gad@hunchuen.crystaliz.com, www-jigsaw@w3.org

Thanks for your help so far.

I'm still having some trouble doings proxied PUTs.  As I described in an
earlier message, I incorporated ForwardRequest's attributes and methods
(like dupReqest) into my own class, which extends FileResource, and I'm
trying to do a PUT to a remote machine also running Jigsaw.  So far,
proxied GETs work, but proxied PUTs yield a message "Request doesn't have
a valid context", because request.getInputStream() returns null at the
remote jigsaw.

I've tried to set the request's input stream to an arbitrary stream in
the host jigsaw, by modifying dupRequest() -- I replaced
req.setOutputStream(getInputStream()) with
req.setOutputStream(myOwnStream), but on the client machine.
request.getInputStream() returns null in FileResource.put().

-- Gordon Dakin