Help! My Mind is MUSH

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:36:00 +0100 (MET)
To: bpm@techapp.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
bpm@terraweb.com writes:
 > Thanks for the hints.  It helped a lot.  I think that I tried to do
 > what you suggested.  The CgiDirectory works.  The sub directories of a
 > CgiDirectory work.  The CgiPassDirectory works.  But I can not get the
 > cloning of any sub directories that the CgiPassDirectory points to!!

I guess you cannot clone a PassDirectory, since it requires manual
config (it requires a user to enter the directory to be
served). That's why automatic cloning of a PassDirectory is not
supported (even though the code might let you think it is - another
bug to fix).

 > Also, what would I do to set up an editor of this CgiDirectory?  It
 > would be nice to have an editor like the extension editor so I can
 > edit the "Child Template" from a form.

My idea was to have the "child-template" attribute be a
StringAttribute giving the name, within the directory of the resource
that is to be used as the template.
This would allow you to edit/create the template by just using the
normal form interface (since the template would just be a normal child
resource)

 > Oh yea, the CgiPassDirectory is equal to the PassDirectory except for
 > the class name & who it extends.

Does this solve the problem ? BTW I am looking at some way to merge
into a single class PutableDirectory/Directory and PassDirectory
functionalities...