Re: Mac status

From: david l. wasler <dwasler@glvax0.jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 1996 23:48:37 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
CC: Jason Hoos <jhoos@uiuc.edu>
>Has any body been able to port Jigsaw to a PowerMac yet!

From Jason Hoos

Yes.  i have it running right now on a PPC 9500 using the Java
environment from
MW CodeWarrior 10.  Havne't had a problem yet, but then I haven't really
stress-tested it yet either.

Anyhow, to get it running quickly, all you need to do is run the
"Metrowerks
Java" program from the environment, bring up a new "javai" command
window,
and give it the following:

-classpath <path to jigsaw.zip> -working <directory where your
serverroot/
config stuff is> w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd

Note that the two paths need to be given in UNIX notation (i.e
/Volume/dir/dir/
dir...), not the Macintosh colon notation.

Also, I tried running it under the shared JIT from the experimental Java
stuff
that comes with CW10, and it bombed.  Haven't tried it with the
non-shared JIT
yet, so I don't know if the JIT itself died or if it was just the shared
library implementation that did.

Jason Hoos
jhoos@ncsa.uiuc.edu

-----------=============# Jason Hoos - jhoos@uiuc.edu
  "I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours, but I think that God's
got
     a sick sense of humour, and when I die I expect to find Him
laughing..."
                                          - Depeche Mode, "Blasphemous
Rumours"