Re: Jigsaw on Macintosh ?

From: Mahesh Joshi <mjoshi@kset.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 12:24:52 -0800
To: Hans-Olav Warholm <Hans-Olav.Warholm@ifi.ntnu.no>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

Well, we are trying to get Jigsaw running on the Mac out here.
We had the alpha server up and running but didnt do any testing
with it.

We have compiled Alpha 3 natively on the Mac using instructions
in the archives of this list and  even configured it as a Proxy
Server (after a lot of trial and error). But either Metro Works
Java aint right or its a browser problem or something, it just doesnt
work reliably enough.It crashes within a couple of requests. Your
best bet is Apple's Cyberdog as it works quite well with the Jigsaw
proxy server.

I am no Mac expert and have done no development on the Mac, but have
helped our local Mac expert getting Jigsaw run on it.

Jigsaw as a proxy server/Web server has run ok on NT (I havent worked
with anything else and so have no comparison numbers).

Hans-Olav Warholm wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have just posted some questions concerning
> the Jigsaw server to jigsaw@w3.org.
>
> Now I also try out this list.
>
> My question is:
> Have any of you folks out there tried running
> the Jigsaw server on a Mac ? How do you set it up ?

See the archives of this list. A couple of folks have written
excellent messages on how to get it to compile and run.

> What about the path to the Java interpreter ?

Explained in the messages...

> Thanks for all hints !

Njoy!

--
Mahesh Joshi

Mahesh Joshi			          {O} 415-254-5441
KnowledgeSet Corp.                        {H} 510-792-3955
mjoshi@kset.com