URL's and HTTPResources

From: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 12:26:11 +0500
To: Peter Ju (Connolly) <pju@w3.org>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Peter Ju writes:

 > I was wondering how to set a HTTPResource equal to one at a
 > given URL in jigsaw and I was also wondering how to get a
 > pointer to the root ContainerResource of the server.

1) Do you mean cloning the for example http://../Admin/Realms resource
? There is no support for cloning resources at this point, they are
plans to do so. In particular when creating a resource for some given
extension, what should really happen is some kind of cloning.

b) All resources should have a getServer() which returns the value of
the "server" attribute, which gives you back the server context, from
which you can run the getRootResource() method, or something like
that...

Anselm.