Re: Jigsaw/Mac JDK 1.0.2 - root resource?

From: Peter M. Jansson <petej@clickvision.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 00:52:39 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Following a suggestion by Alexandre Rafalovitch, I added the following line
to Jigsaw/config/httpd.conf:

After also changing the config to use port 80, I now get the following from
standard out:

  [httpd]: listening at:http://<my host name>:80

And the app remains running (after some brief garbage collection).
Unfortunately, now, when I try to access the server from the other side, it
refuses connections.  This happens both when I try to use a web browser on
my Mac, or when I telnet in from a shell account at the ol' ISP.  I'm not
sure what to try next, and I'm also pretty sure that the .jigidx files are
going to cause problems down the road.  A note for the Jigsaw developers
would be to allow a property for the default Jigsaw index filename  (I saw
it coded in at least one source module).

Any ideas for what to try next?

I've put a quick web page together which summarizes what I did to get
Jigsaw to the state in which I have it:

Thanks again,