Add resource/Edit resource BUG/Feature

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@access.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:19:17 +1000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug, feature or unmentioned pecularity, but here
we go.

I am adding a resource with a space in the name. It works fine. When I try
to edit it, I can see a name with a space in it, but clicking on it gives
"document contain no date" message in Netscape. Same when I try to access
it live (not for editing). if I do "/TestDir/test%20resource", I get
"indexed but not available" message.  I understand that is because space
was not escaped when I created a resource, but is that the way it should be
handled. Same problem happens if I woud have a directory with space in its
name and it gets autoindexed.

I am not sure, how exactly it can be handled, but handled it must be.
Otherwise, it would lead to number of subtle bugs, especially on mac
platform where everybody just loves spaces :~{}.

Suggestions anyone?

    Alex.

--------| I feel as confused as a baby in a topless bar. |--------