BUG? Reindex on PassDirectory deletes it.

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@access.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 10:16:49 +1000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I am playing with PassDirectory and found what is evident bug with it. I
tried to reindex it and it just went bang and gone. No error message,
nothing. The directory disapeared and everything disapeared with it. I
understand that reindex deletes the resource and then tries to rebuild it,
but what happens with resources that have no filesystem representation?

 I am afraid even to think what would happen if I point editor on
/Admin/ExistingResources and try to reindex things in there. I think
everything would go away, because there are no file equivalents to all
Admin subsystems.

Alex.
Ps. Or am I barking on the wrong tree and there is never a reason to
reindex non file based resource and this command should just do nothing for
them?

alex@access.com.au