Re: Attributes do not propogate in depth on Update ?

From: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:14:28 +0500
To: alex@access.com.au (Alexandre Rafalovitch)
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
 > >Reindex deletes the resource, and recreates a new one by going through
 > >the resource factory. This is what you want to do, but don't forget to
 > >select the resources (by checking their check-box) that you want to
 > >re-index.
 > >
 > >This *should* work...
 >
 > If I understood that correctly, Reindexing the directory would also reindex
 > all files within it. Then, it would be recursive and I would get new icons
 > on all files and directories within reindexed directory. Evidently it did
 > not happen. So is reindexing recursive or not?

Reindexing is *not* recursive, although it obviously should be. In
fact, I have some other idea on the topic. The basic thing would be to
provide a ResourceSet which would contain, independantly of how the
hierarchy is a set of resource, that you could configure in a single
click. For the time being, we will have to live with the hierarchic
but not recursive piece of it .... unless you hack it ;_)

 > I think having a concept of recursive update and recursive re-indexing is
 > important, because it is too compicated to do it manually.

Yep I do agree, but there is no reasons that this should only be
dictated by the hierarchy. This usage of the hierarchy as defining a
set of resources is too restrictive to me ;-)

Anselm.