How do I create PassDirectory.

Alexandre Rafalovitch writes:
 > Hi, I am having too many questions for a today, but what can I do. I cannot
 > seem to find an answer myself and I tried hard.
 >
 > I am trying to create PassDirectory that would point to JigSaw sources. I
 > created a resource Sources that points to
 > /home/me/Jigsaw/src/classes/w3c/jigsaw. It works to the extend, that it
 > allows me to click on the Sources link and takes me to the directory with
 > all subdirectories listed. However, when I click on one of those
 > directories, it just gives me a page that has that directory name in bold
 > and nothing else. What happened with all those .java files?

The PassDirectory has just win a new (first contributed) entry in the
FAQ. However, your problem look like the java extension is not
declared in /Admin/Extensions.

I just checked that in the sample setting, the "java" extension is not
declared, so this must be your problem. Follow the link to
AddExtension in /Admin/Extensions. If you have the courage to do so,
you can send me a FAQ ("How to I declare a new extension ?" ;-)

 > I tried to set 'extensible' flag wherever I could think of it, but it does
 > not seem to help. Am I missing something or am I barking on the wrong tree
 > completely.

The extensible flag only tells the directory resource to index files
through the resource indexer. This resource indexer will only index
files whose extension haas been declared.

 > Alex.
 >
 > Ps. Do I need to have directory Template for PassDirectories as well as a
 > normal entry? I created one, but I do not think it helped.

No, DirectoryTemplates are used only at 'indexing time'. In fact you
shouldn't create one for a single directory.

 > PPs. I did read the tutorials, but I cannot find something exactly
 > explaining my problem.

Check the resource indexer links when ever available. I remember
writing something about configuring the resource indexer. Yep found
it:

/User/Administration/Overview.html
search for "The extensions database"

Anselm.