FAQ, Walkthroughs and requests. (was: Re: "Document not found" msg - SLOW.)

Hi Alex,

Alexandre Rafalovitch writes:
 > Thanks for fast reply Anselm,

While I am at it, I am currently undergoing a week of meeting, and
will probably be out of town the first days of next week. I'll do my
best to be as responsive as possible (I do need your feedback ;-), but
my latency may increase.

 > Do you think it is worth being in FAQ. Maybe now that there are more people
 > using Jigsaw, we can add a lot of non-evident information to FAQ (that is
 > non-evident to us :-} ).

Yes, any thing that can make Jigsaw documentation better is good ;-)
In fact as most of you are the first users of Jigsaw, I'll take real
care of your feedback. I will try to update the FAQ with any of your
contributions. If you do contribute please let me know if you want to
be flagged as the contributor of the question (or prefer to remain
anonymous).

 > Also, do anybody think it might be a good idea to have several
 > walk-throughs to show how to do simple/complex things in step by step
 > fashion. This would get people started. We could have section on web cite
 > with 'How to' questions and answers. I could write several, once I get past
 > 'baby' stage...

Good idea. It ws the idea behind some of the material in
/User/Administration/ (check editres.html, for example), although due
to time constraints, these are far from perfect, and anything that
look better will replace them.

 > The reason I ask is because I have several request on my mind that I am
 > going to ask, so it would be good to keep them in a form more orginized
 > than just mail archive.

Yep.

 > The last addition, I would like would be Requests section. Preferably
 > automatic with Good/Bad counter on how many people looked at it and if any
 > reply were generated.  I know, it is a big thing to ask :-{ , or is it not?

I am not sure I understand this one, do you mean something like [I
can't remember the nbame of this java resource that displays java code
to solve common problems ;-)]

 > Also, some of the documentation that comes with Sample sites has pointers
 > in nowhere. Is that because it IS sample site, or I should report them. If
 > I need to report them, than where should it go?

Do report them. These are broken links. Report them to jigsaw@w3.org
(a mail alias used for maintenance questions)

Anselm.