Avoiding dial-up

From: Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 09:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Jigsaw (Win32) has an annoying and critical bug that I've
seen in about 1/3 of all Winsock apps: it won't start up
without dialing into your ISP.  Early JDB had this bug, as
did early Symantec Cafe, and some Web servers.

This is a critical issue in the sense that if it is not
fixed, I will not be able to use Jigsaw.  I know it can
be fixed, because other web servers don't have it.  I'll
dig into the code myself, but I bring up the issue here
in case it's already being worked on (perhaps by the ones
who fixed JDB?)

I would love to use and test Jigsaw on my machine, but
if I have to pay phone rates for my machine to talk to
itself, that's just idiotic.