Creating Directory and adding files. Easy?

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@access.com.au>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 16:57:47 +1000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,
I am playing with Jigsaw for 2 days and got quite deep into theory, but the
simple things evade me.
I would be grateful if anybody could walk me through a simple operation.
I want to create a directory and copy 20 html files into yet. What I do not
understand is do I have to add a directory through forms or I can add it
manually and then index it or some such. Also, if I want to put 20 files in
that directory, how do I do that.

So if anybody can give me a walk through creating a directory (call it
Alex) on top, or better not on top level and adding 20(or 2) existing files
to it, I would be grateful.

Thank you,
     Alex.

Ps. I would expect  that to be in FAQ. I would make sure that I know how to
put html files into directory, before I write custom content handlers for
web server.
PPs. I do not think it is anywhere in the docs, at least not as a walk
through, but if it is I would gladly accept pointers.

alex@access.com.au