Re: HtmlGenerator will improve in next version?

From: Mark Friedman <mark@intraspect.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 17:35:43 -0700
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I think that both server side include and powerful HTML
generation/editing would be useful. The latter is useful in a couple of
cases that I am interested in. First, I think that for really dynamic
HTML generation the server side include mechanism will be unwieldy, i.e.
it is the wrong abstraction for cases where the majority of the HTML is
dynamic. You really want a more procedural approach.

Secondly, there are cases where you want to take existing HTML (not
under your control), parse it and change it in various ways. In that
scenario I would ideally like to parse the HTML into an editable tree
form and then generate HTML from that. This is a genuine need for me.

-Mark