/Admin/Exit

Dave Makower writes:
 > I understand that the only way to properly shut down the server is GET the
 > resource /Admin/Exit.  However, on Windows 95, I have found that this never
 > succeeds in actually shutting down the server process.  All it does is
 > cause my Netscape browser to time out waiting for a reply, and for the
 > server process to hang.  I invariably have to use ctrl-C to shut it down,
 > even after GETting the /Admin/Exit resource.
 >
 > Is this just the way it "works" right now, or am I doing something wrong?

On Sun's implementation, daemon threads are never considered the way
they should. So even though you have to ctrl-c the server, it still
did save your configuration (hopefully). The thing that surprises me
is that your browser hangs, but the new Jigsaw release will prbably
prevent this anyway.

Anselm.