Jigsaw on Macintosh

From: Jeff Dripps <jeff@macalot.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:16:45 -0400
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
The Metrowerks version of the Java runtime on macintosh has a broken
File.renameTo() method. I have successfully written a shared Library in C
that correctly implements renameTo(), and I can call it from a java class
and it works OK, but being a Java newbie, I just don't know quite what to
do next to implement it.

Can someone tell me, (or point me to a FAQ) should I attempt to extend the
File class or is there a way to simply override the renameTo0() method in
the existing class? I have very little Java experience so an example would
sure help. Thanks for any and all advice. sinc, -jeff