Re: Jigsaw bug, security problems

At 12:32 AM 7/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Other file systems (such as NT's native NTFS) can be fully case
>sensitive, so presumably that's another workaround to the Jigsaw
>problem--make sure you're running on an NTFS partition.  Win95
>does not support NTFS directly, but it can network-mount NTFS
>file systems.  An NFS-mounted Unix file system may or may not be
>case-sensitive depending on your third-part NFS client software.

I have tested on an NTFS partition and the problem persist.

Only POSIX compliant application on NTFS partition are Full case
sensitive and this is not the case for Java interpreter.

I think that the problem is easy to resolve.
If Anselm Baird-Smith tell me where the new Resource is created, I
try to resolve.

The list() member of File class return the correct case sensitive
file names of files in a directory (I have tested and work fine).
So the problem is test if the name of new Resource match with one
of the file returned from list() member function only once. The
next time the resource is present in index.

Pasquale

 Pasquale Di Feo                        e-mail: pasdif@netfly.it
 NetFLY by Area Informatica s.a.s.      http://www.netfly.it

 Via Guido Cucci, 32                        tel. +39  81 5172811
 84014 Nocera Inferiore (SA)                     +39  81 5171188
 ITALY                                      fax  +39  81 928273
                                            cel. +39 347 3328693