Re: ReverseString [Was: An example for PostableResource wanted]

From: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 13:14:16 +0500
To: mil@phys.physics.ucf.edu (Mark I. Lubin)
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark I. Lubin writes:

 > Dear Anselm:
 >
 >  You did reply on all emails from me.  Thank you.
 >
 >  I have another question. How difficult to implement the following:
 >  Suppose I want to have a little window to display the current list of the
 >  clients connected to Jigsaw ( and keep it updated). Something like this:
 >
 > protected List connection_list;
 >
 >  // Create a window to display the  connections to Jigsaw
 >         Frame f = new Frame("Server Status");
 >         connection_list = new List();
 >         f.add("Center", connection_list);
 >         f.resize(400, 200);
 >         f.show();

This is exactly the kind of things I would like to see in the
applet-based configurator. At this point, it will require some hacks
(writing a new resource that will send back the list of connected
clients, etc).

The right way to go is RMI, I wont have time to work on this until the
mid-August version is out (I still have some hopes to be there).

Anselm.