Re: Writing a new resource class

Wolfgang Platzer wrote:

> According to the Jigsaw tutorial I tried to write a new resource class. I
> wrote  the file FancyResource.java in the specified directory. But when I
tried to
> add  the new resource to the User directory with /Admin/Editor/User (following
> the  link: AddingResources and entering the value for name and class) I got the
> following error message:
>
> The field class has an incorrect value:
>

> Invalid class name: w3c.jigsaw.tutorial.FancyResource. Check the name of
> the  class for a typo, and than, check your CLASSPATH variable.
>

> Click here to continue.
>
> Now my CLASSPATH variable has the following value:
>
> setenv CLASSPATH
> "~wplatzer/java/JDK/classes:~wplatzer/java/Jigsaw/classes/jigsaw.zip"
>

> Shall I change the CLASSPATH variable ?
> How shall I change it ?

apparently jigsaw is looking for a class named

	w3c.jigsaw.tutorial.FancyResource

that class would need to be somewhere like

	~wplatzer/java/Jigsaw/classes/w3c/jigsaw/tutorial

and it needs to be declared to be in the right package

package w3c.jigsaw.tutorial;

hope this helps

	regards

	    simon

---
Dorothy:	You're a very bad man !
Wizard:	Oh, no, my dear ! I'm a very good man. I'm just a very bad wizard