Re: Will you support the Jigsaw Architecture in your server ? Jigsaw-enabled server list

From: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 19:11:19 +0500
To: mark@intraspect.com
Cc: nexus@adv.es, www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark Friedman writes:
 > The flip side to the subject question is: What, if any, plans do the
 > Jigsaw folks have to make Jigsaw conform to the impending Java Servlet
 > API from Sun?

My *personal* opinion on this matter is that I like having one single
set of APIs for doing the same thing, so whatever I can do that makes
Jigsaw compatible with servlets (or the other way round, who knows ;-)
I will do it, even if it is to be done as a WE hack...

Java provides a platform independant language, it would be too bad not
to push compatibility a little bit further.

Anselm.
[again, this was my personal opinion, not w3c's]